If your reading this...

Hi ,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you enjoy my little Twig Santa's, and all their friends. I have started selling them on my Etsy site along with my other Food Goodies.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bumper Crop of Heirloom Tomatoes !


With the slow start to summer, I thought the tomatoes would never ripen. Finally we got some serious sun and warm temps in July and August. Now the rain has been falling, the temperature has dropped at least 20 degrees, but not to worry! The tomatoes are ripe and so sweet. We have gorged on them every night. I still have quite a few on the vines, but as soon as they get just a bit of color, we bring them into the house and put them in the kitchen window. They ripen like magic!!!! I will miss them when they are gone. Next year I will add more plants. Heirlooms are so easy to grow, and so delicious! I am going to make Tomato Jelly next week with the leftovers.....

No comments:

Post a Comment